Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Christmas Baby

My friend and neighbor had a little boy about a week ago, I have really been wanting to practice taking pictures of babies so I asked her if she would mind if I shot a few of her new little one. I had big plans for some sleepy shots since newborns usually are sleepy and its hard to catch them with their eyes open. He had something else in mind, and it was a lucky thing because he has such amazing blue eyes. I didn't get to use all the fun props I brought over but I got some fun shots anyway.

Here is one of my favorites. I added a few embellishments to make it even more Christmas like. Talk about baby blues!

I did manage to get 1 sleepy shot. He is so alert for a week old baby I couldn't believe it:

This is what he was doing most of the time. I thought it was cute anyway:


This is what he wanted is Binky and blankey. So I just decided to go with it and take a few more of his beautiful eyes.



One more he was almost asleep, but anytime I got that camera anywhere near him he would pop those eyes open:



Another one almost asleep, but he just couldn't let go and close those eyes. His mom said he slept for 4 hours strait after the photo shoot. He must have wore himself out trying to stay awake.


One more:

I took Sydnie Christmas shopping at the outlet malls last week. I dressed her up cute for a photo shoot I had to do for a challenge called window shopping. I really loved the way these turned out I think I am going to frame one for my wall. However they are not doing well in the challenge, not because they are bad pictures but because I cropped too much of the window out and it is hard to tell she is window shopping. Oh well that's a mother for you, I just couldn't help cropping it down to what I thought was the best part of the picture.
This is the one I entered. I wish I could get her to smile she did when the camera wasn't pointed at her but whenever I pulled the camera out she would get mad. Poor girl is going to have a camera phobia because of her mother.

Titled:
All done shopping.

Here are a few more. I love them all despite her grumpy looks.





Here is another challenge entry for a challenge called "from the ground up" This didn't turn out quite as well as I had imagined it. But sort of interesting anyway. It is doing fairly well but not exceptional.

Title:
And we all float on

Here is one I took for fun it was sort of an ordinary photo until I played around with it a bit. I really like it now and I can't even explain why.

I woke up to a spectacular sunrise about a week ago here is one of many great shots of that sunrise I took. I may enter it for my free study, I haven't decided yet. At any rate it needs a bit more editing if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment