Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Late Additions

I wasn't going to post so soon, but I purposely left a few photo's out the last time I posted here. I thought I might be winning a ribbon for a recent entry and last night the results came in and I DID! I got first place for this photo:

Title
The Tower
Kind of a strange title I know, it was for a challenge called "Tarot Card" it wasn't a challenge I was planning on entering, but I got these amazing long exposures of our lake and the mountains and I wanted to enter them in something, and friend who was helping me with them suggested they may work for "the tower" tarot card. I really don't even know what tarot cards are, so I just went with the suggestion thinking it probably wouldn't do all that great because it didn't really fit the challenge. Well I was wrong, and happy to be wrong! You can veiw my entry on the front page of this site http://www.dpchallenge.com/

Here are a couple others I got that night, I will most likely enter one of these for my March free study, but I haven't decided which one yet. I'm sure neither will win, as the free studies usually have over 200 entries and really amazing pictures, but I hope I can at least get a good score with one of them.



This next one I just entered, it is doing really well but it won't ribbon or even come close. There are some really amazing entries in this particular challenge. Now before you criticize me for putting make-up on Kaylee let me tell you about the challenge. It has to be in the style of a fairly famous photographer named Manny Librodo. He does amazing portraits mainly of models. So I wanted mine to have a kind of a high fashion feel to it. So poor Kaylee had to have her eyebrows plucked (she earned a $1 for that) and get some pretty heavy eye make-up applied (I don't think she minded that so much) I had her cover the rest of her face so you couldn't tell how old she was. Anyway, I thought they turned out pretty well. Here is my entry:

Title:
Through the Eyes of Innocence

Here is an out take I had a hard time deciding between the two:

And one last challenge entry. This challenge was called "Urban Nature" we had to take a picture of some sort of nature in an Urban setting. So I decided to try and get some shots of the birds that always hang out at the Walmart parking lots. They turned out okay, these are my first "wildlife" shots and I really don't have the lens to pull them off. Despite that I am getting a respectable score, so I am happy with my first attempt.

Title:
Walmart Shopping is for the Birds

And here is an out take, I almost entered this one because the quality on the bird is a bit better, but the Walmart sign wasn't obvious enough.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn you are really good!!! Love the photos they are amazing. I would love to do a session of the kids with you.

    ReplyDelete