Saturday, November 5, 2011

A year has gone by already!

My 365 days of taking a photo a day has ended and now I am trying to figure out what to do with this blog. I think I have built up my portfolio enough now to start a real photography website so when I get a little time I think I am going to organize my best portrait work and start posting it on there.

I still need a place to post my landscapes and challenge entries so I think I will keep this blog going for now and post the stuff that won't fit in with my professional website.

I finally got the opportunity to go out and get my own family photos taken. I was really happy with the way they turned out. I took pictures of my girls and a friend of mine's family. Then she helped me take pictures of mine. It was a big help, trying to do it with a tripod and timer would have been a nightmare. Here they are, I don't have time for comments on each one so I will just let you look at them in silence. :)









Now on to my challenge photos. This first one did really well I won third place and my second highest score of all time. I really love it, the challenge was babies and toddlers and well she is almost not a toddler so I almost didn't enter it. I even took some photos of my other neighbors baby. But in the end I just had to go with this one:


This is the one I almost went with, it is very cute and I think it would have scored well but I just loved the other one too much.


This one is for another long exposure challenge. I took a 1 second photo of a stream in pleasant grove canyon.

This one I am extremely proud of I broke new ground with this one. It was for a nonsense challenge this is one I took with only 1 shot, she is actually lying on some black material behind the fish tank to make it look like she is actually in the fish tank. I won 2nd place with this image:

This next one was to honor breast cancer awareness month. So we had to photograph something pink. I had fun experimenting with this one. I did quite well with this one and got an honorable mention with 5th place:

This one was for a challenge called symmetry. It was a much harder shot than I anticipated. To get the reflection in the mirror to exactly mirror the real thing is really hard, you have to get the camera in just the right spot. Even with many tries I still didn't get it quite right, also I don't have the right type of mirror for this shot, this mirror gives a triple reflection and makes the image appear blurry.

This one I did really well with, it was for a challenge called natural body of water. Lucky for me I live next to some really scenic bodies of water.

And finally to commemorate Steve Jobs passing we did an apple challenge. Most people did photos of apple products, but I don't own any apple products so I just did a photo of an apple. I did well anyway and scored in the top 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment