Sunday, November 28, 2010

It Snowed!!!

The snow came over this Thanksgiving weekend, and while it was miserable to drive in, it was fun to take pictures of.

This is my latest challenge entry. The challenge is called "Orange", I thought it would be fun to take a picture in the snow, I think the white of the snow sets off the Orange nicely. I still don't know what I am going to title it or which one of the two photo's I am going to use. I am leaning toward the first one, the challenge deadline is in a few hours I better hurry up and choose.



I had to take these while it was snowing so they have sort of a grainy look. I wish I could have taken one without the snow but it hasn't stopped once since I took this picture.




This next one is for a challenge called "Clouds" I really didn't think this one would do that well, but it has surprised me with a pretty high score so far. I won't make the top 10 but I should finish in the top 20. I saw this out my back window and walked out on my deck to take it. I thought it was fun how the cloud was sitting on the mountain.

titled:
"At the end of a long day, even a cloud needs a rest"

This next challenge entry is a bit weird, so it requires an explanation. This challenge was entitled "Posthumous" he is a photographer with a very abstract style. His work is mostly in black and white and almost always a bit blurry. We were suppose to copy his style. This is what I came up with. It's doing okay, its hard to copy another persons work, especially when its not your favorite type of photography. I much prefer crisp clear images, to abstract blurry images. I did have fun making this and I think it turned out sort of cool in its own way.

title:
"A snow angel takes flight"


This was a runner up for the cloud challenge. I really liked it. I had a hard time choosing, but in the end I think I made the right decision.

Textures
I have been playing around a lot with textures lately. I have learned a lot from other members of DPC. Here are a few of my favorites:







In other news:
I have been doing quite well with some of my challenge entries lately. My Off centered finished 10th out of 170 entries and my reflection entry finished 19th out of 150 entries. We will see if I can keep up the pace on my entries this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment