Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My turn???
I really don't want to post pictures of myself but that is all I have to show for this last weeks picture taking. My photo challenges for DPC have been taking up all of my picture taking time, and this week happens to be a challenge on self portraits. I am trying to do something a little different. Sort of out of the box. So when Kaylee saw my the picture I am thinking of entering she said "mom that is weird" I think so too. But I am trying to expand my photographic horizons and try something different we will see if the ship sinks or sails.

So I took several pictures of myself by holding the camera at arms length. Then I took the ones that actually turned out, (not many did) and I cropped different parts of my face out. This is my eye. I thought I would include this because I thought the reflection in my eye was sort of cool.





Then I took all those parts and arranged them in an abstract manor, applied some filters to make it kind of blurry or grungy. I really wanted to add an overlay to make it even more grungy, but that is not allowed in a challenge. So this is the best I could come up with, kind of weird I know, but kind of cool if you like that sort of thing, not sure if I do.

Here is another shot, I applied a special filter I found that gave it sort of a high key or blown out look. I liked it because it hides some of the wrinkles I am getting at my old age of 35 and extenuates the half way decent features I still have. It's probably nothing I would hang on my wall but kind of cool anyway.

I know you have seen this one before, but I was playing around with those new filters I found and really liked the way this one turned out. The filters I found were free, and work directly with photoshop, so they are super easy to use. The one I used on me was called trashcan, and the one I used on Brianne is called yearbook. Here is the link in case you are interested http://www.optikvervelabs.com/virtualphotographer.asp

This is one other picture that took up a good share of my picture taking time. It was for a challenge called "Homemade Landscapes" I am doing really well with it. If things keep going the way that they are I should place in the top five, and if I am really lucky I will get a ribbon. Although, I don't think my score is going to be quite good enough for 1st!
"Hidden Valley Ranch"

In case you are wondering, yes I made the whole scene and yes, it was a pain, and way harder than I thought, both to make and to photograph. I made two separate scenes, then photographed them in a way that made them look like one connected photograph. Here is a snapshot I took so you could see what I am talking about:
So even though I did not have a photo for each day this week, I actually took a ton of photo's way past my photo a day quota. Most of them were Halloween snapshots and although very cute not quite good enough to post on this blog. I will leave those to post on my Family blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment