Sunday, May 22, 2011

Let it Rain!


It has been raining nonstop for the last week. We now have a giant mud puddle in the lot behind us. Our little neighbor boy was having a blast throwing the mud in the air. I had to run outside and sneak a couple shots.

While I am sick of the rain, I really love the photo opportunities it presents. Rain means rain clouds and dramatic skies for photographs. I have gotten a few really great shots this week with the awesome rainclouds.

This first set I am thinking of entering in May's free study. I haven't decided which one I am going to use yet. I think they all turned out cute. I had seen this field full of dandelion puffs the day before and thought they would make a really neat picture. The next night around sunset the skies were looking awesome so I rushed home and threw a dress on Sydnie curled her hair a bit and told her we were going to a huge field of "wishies" She had fund just sitting in the tall grass playing with the "wishies" while I photographed her.







These next three I took for specific challenges. This first one is for a challenge called "Color on Color. We were suppose to photograph something with the same color background as our subject. Kaylee reluctantly agreed to be my model. She did not enjoy this photo shoot, she said the feathers were itchy. I liked how the picture turned out, it hasn't started judging yet, so we will see how we do.

This one is currently in judging, I am doing quite well with it. I'm a little surprised because I didn't think it was quite right. I won't ribbon but I'm hoping for a top 10.


This last one is for a challenge called "flowers in the field or garden" My tulips had already gone so I had to use my neighbors flowers for this shot. I thought it turned out well but it is only doing average.


These two are outtakes I forgot to include when I posted my photo for the bank challenge. I liked them both but I am glad I went with the one I did. Because I ended up getting a ribbon out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment