Monday, October 11, 2010

A fun weekend of pictures in Idaho, and a few from around here too.
I've had a great week taking photo's. Although I didn't get to do much practicing on portraits, which I feel is what I need to work on the most. The weather wouldn't cooperate, it was rainy most of the week. So maybe this week will dry out, and I can get some good shots with people in them, for now you will just have to make do with these ones:

This is my choice for my fav photo of the week, I don't know why maybe it's just because it is simple but still wow! I love the colors and I didn't have to do a thing to this picture, not even a crop this is just the way I shot it.

I went to Idaho to see family but also take some pictures of the Temple (I don't have those edited yet) and this picture. There is an upcoming photo challenge on bridges, this is the best I could come up with, I had to trespass to get it. I'll let you know how it does.

My brother-in-law just purchased a new Harley. He let Shaun and me go for a ride on it. I wanted to go take some photo's of the windmills they are putting up in the foothills next to my in-laws house. Not the greatest picture, but fun anyway. If you look closely you can see a truck in the rear view mirror. It was honking at us. I'd like to think it was because we looked so cool on the Harley, but I'm pretty sure it was to try and scare me while I took this picture.

I had to trespass to get this shot too. But it was worth it. I found this rusted old combine at the base of one of those huge windmills. I thought it would make a great contrast between old and new:

I included this one to show you just how big they are, I circled the combine so you could pick it out. Look how big the windmill is in comparison to the combine, and anyone who has seen a combine knows they are not little.


One more windmill shot. You just have no idea how many there are from the Idaho Falls valley. I counted 50 that I could see from my moms house who lives in the valley about 5 min away from the foothills. Once you get back in the foothills there are hundreds more. Here are just a few, I could have turned my camera in any direction and gotten a similar shot.

This is the water tower in down town I.F. it was next to the bridge I was shooting, so I got a few shots of it as well:

Sunrise... Sunset
Where I live there are not many great sunsets. I am right up against a mountain, so we don't really notice the sun going down. But we make up for it in spectacular sunrises. Here is a particularly lucky one I photographed (getting up early to run does have some advantages):

As for sunsets, nowhere has my home town beat for spectacular sunsets, and our trip there this weekend did not disappoint. Here is the view from my in laws house.

This next one is an experiment in layering pictures, I think it turned out pretty cool here are the originals:


and here is the two shots combined with a little tweaking in photo shop:


I told you I took a lot of pictures this week. Here is one I took and applied a painterly effect to. I think it would make a great puzzle:

3 comments:

  1. Really cool pictures Jenn. You are getting amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics. You are getting really good at it. YOu always have an eye for this kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love the shot of the water tower! Great job!

    ReplyDelete