Saturday, October 23, 2010

Brianne's Turn
Both Kaylee and Sydnie have both had turns being featured on this blog, as well as had a picture featuring them in one of my entries for the photo contests I enter. I think Brianne was feeling a little left out. Brianne is a good sport about letting me take pictures of her, but she is not always the most photogenic. Of course I think she is a beautiful little girl, but she is really extremely camera shy. She has a hard time smiling naturally when the camera is in front of her. This week was a different story. I think it was because she really wanted to be in one of my photo contests. Whatever it was, she did a great job, and you can hardly tell she is afraid of the camera.

This is the one I am using for my next photo contest. It wasn't necessarily my favorite of the ones I took of her, but it was the one that met the requirements of the contest best. The name of the contest is Mid Day Sun. Taking pictures in the middle of the day is a challenge for any photographer. We are suppose to take a photo of whatever we like, but it has to be with mid-day sun, and show how you overcame the challenge of harsh sunlight. I decided to back light Brianne with the sun, and use my flash to even out the dark shadow that it cast on her face. I think it turned out really well, I have high hopes for this one. It is titled
"Mid Day Dreams"

This one is my personal favorite of her. I was saying silly things to try and get her to smile. It worked, but she sort of moved when she laughed, so the focus is a little off. I don't mind it, but it would get ripped apart in a photo contest. Also we were in the shade at this point and while this a good way to deal with mid day sun, I think it would loose points for not actually being out in the sun.

Almost a smile....


I liked this one too. I think the composition is nice with the brick in the background.


Love her eyes in this one....

So I tried to take pictures of Sydnie earlier that day for the same contest, but Sydnie would not cooperate. I got her all dressed up, and she would not even look at the camera. Oh well, I couldn't get the lighting to work anyway. I managed to get a few cute snapshots of her but nothing photo contest worthy. I digital scrapbooked my favorite ones together just for fun.

This week I went to take some photo's of the Salt Lake City Temple before the weather turned bad. I wanted to get a few more shots for my craft show. My favorite one actually ended up being a reflection. I took it from the large reflecting pool in the front of the temple. I cropped it down to just show the reflection, then flipped it. I think it turned out really cool.

This is one I took for another photo contest I am entering. The contest is titled "Dreams". When I was buying Halloween candy I was inspired by this idea. I had to borrow candy from two of my neighbors to get enough to fill in. Now I have the tedious job of sorting it all out and giving it back to them. All I can say is I better get a good score. Thanks to my neighbor Taylee for being my model. The title of this photo is....

"Every Kids Dream!"

This is another photo for a contest I have already entered. It is a little silly, and the photography is not the best. Besides the fact that the monster looks like a child did it. I tried and tried to get Shaun to make a monster for me, because I know he would have done 10 times better than me, but he would not give in to my pleas for help. Despite all its shortcomings, most people seem to like it, and am getting one of the higher scores that I have gotten in a challenge. This contest theme was Halloween song titles, we were suppose to depict a Halloween song in a photo or series of photos. The title of this photo is...

"The Monster Mash"
I was going to have a foot mash the monster, Kaylee came up with the idea to use rolling pin. I think it turned out even cuter this way!

1 comment:

  1. I ♥ the monster mash one. and that monster is adorable!!! haha, love it

    ReplyDelete