Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's all about Sydnie
Sydnie turned 3 a couple weeks ago, and I have been trying to do a photo shoot with her, but things just weren't cooperating. I took her a few weekends ago to a place in the canyon, but she was being silly and I wasn't happy with any of those. Then the weather turned bad. Finally, things came together, nice weather and a happy child. I got some really fun photo's of her.

Love Me, Love me not? This one is my favorite, and of course I love her.

This is my next favorite, great shot of her personality and her eyes.

Another cute one:

This one I like, because as a mom, I know this look. She has a stubborn little smirk that is saying, "I know you want me to look up, so I am pretty sure I'm not going to."

She was pretty excited when she got all the petals off.


Pure Joy!!!



I have been taking other photos this week. Most of them I am still working on for challenges I am entering on DP Challenge. I do have a few done. Sydnie was good enough to pose for me again for these photos. The challenge was titled "chalk", this one I almost chose:

And this is the one I chose. The challenge starts tomorrow and judging goes for a week. I'll let you know how I score.
"Chalk it up to Fun"
(this is the title, kind of cheesy but they all have to be titled for the challenge)

I have already entered and been scored in two challenges. This one finished with a 5.3 out of 10. Seems like not that great of a score, but it really isn't too bad when you consider the winner won with a 7.3. I actually finished in the top 1/3 of all the entrants, and my score was well above the average. So I don't feel too bad.
"Its Nice in the Vice"
(my entry for the "metal on metal" challenge)

Kaylee was my model for another challenge called, Fill Flash. In this one you have to use your flash in a way that helps you enhance your subject. Since it was a cloudy week last week, it was a perfect setting for this. The judging ends on this one tonight, but so far I am doing pretty well with a score of 5.5. It just goes to show that people judge more on emotions than technical ability. Honestly, I think the photo of the fly in the vice is technically far and above this picture, but it really doesn't evoke any emotions. This one, however, really sets a mood and I have gotten a lot of great feedback on it. I will let you know how I ranked when voting ends tonight.
"Blue on a cloudy day"
my entry for the "fill flash" challenge

So, I threw this one in just to show you what I have been working on with the temple pictures I took. I found some really cool new overlays. I don't know if this will be the final product, but I thought I would show you the direction I was going with these, and see if you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment